Writing an essay is not an easy task. It requires more creativity, knowledge, and brilliant writing skills. That too, if you are a student, then during your academic journey at school and college, you will be often asked to submit an essay. For essay writing, apart from the basic skills, a good topic is needed the most. In general, you can find more essay topics and ideas in any field of study. Usually, your teachers will provide some essay prompts for you to choose from. But at times, they will allow you to select the topic on your own. In certain instances, you may face difficulties with the essay topic selection.
Basically, it is tough to come up with essay topics in English. So, for your convenience, here we have categorized different types of essays and under each essay type, we have listed some excellent essay topics and ideas. Also, we have explained how to select a good essay topic for your assignment.
Continue reading this blog post and gain more interesting topic ideas for writing an outstanding academic essay.
What is Essay Writing?
Essay writing is a short piece of writing that focuses on a specific topic. It mainly allows the writers to present their ideas, arguments, or opinions on a certain topic from a particular field of study. Most importantly, the essay is written to inform or persuade the target readers using proper evidence relevant to the essay question or topic. Broadly, based on the purpose and style, the essays are divided into several types. The four major categories of essay include argumentative essay, narrative essay, expository essay, and descriptive essay.
As essay writing involves a lot of benefits, the teachers regularly ask the students to come up with essays. Here are some extraordinary benefits of writing essays.
Note that, writing essays frequently will help to
- Fine-tune writing skills
- Improve critical thinking skills
- Build communication skills
- Develop persuasive skills
- Gain research skills
- Widen the knowledge in multiple niches
- Showcase intelligence
What are the Different Essay Types?
The essays are commonly classified into various types. Each essay type has its own goals and writing styles. Some popular types of essays that your instructors will ask you to write as a part of your school or college assignments are listed below.
- Argumentative Essay
- Persuasive Essay
- Classification Essay
- Definition Essay
- Compare and Contrast Essay
- Descriptive Essay
- Cause and Effect Essay
- Expository Essay
- Informative Essay
- Exemplification Essay
- Process Essay
- Narrative Essay
- Personal Essay
How to Identify a Good Essay Topic?
To write a successful essay, the topic plays an essential role. So, during the essay writing process, you should give high significance to the essay topic selection step. Especially for writing an essay, there are limitless essay topics available in various areas of study. But choosing a random topic with less scope for discussion will not help you in scoring top grades. You should invest more time and effort to find out a good topic for your essay writing assignments.
Right now, are you confused about how to choose a good essay topic? Don’t worry! The following steps will guide you to spot the perfect topic.
- Firstly, decide the type of essay you are interested to focus on.
- Secondly, on the selected essay type, perform research and collect more exciting essay topics and ideas.
- Thirdly, from the gathered essay topics, choose one unique topic that you have strong knowledge and passion to write about.
- Next, analyze the topic you have selected and see whether it is wide or narrow.
- If the essay topic is broad and difficult to cover before the deadline, make sure to narrow it down.
- Check whether the topic or subtopic that you have chosen has relevant sources to retrieve information.
- Look at whether the topic is flexible for discussion and allows you to share your own opinions or arguments.
- Finalize the topic only if it meets the essay writing guidelines of your instructor.
Executing these steps in order will help you to find the right topic for your essay. You can also reuse an already used essay topic and present it using a different approach as per your perspective. But never go with an uncommon or unique essay topic that doesn’t have proper sources or information for discussion.
Essay Topics and Ideas List
Do you find it hard to search and identify the right essay topic for your assignments? No worries! The below-mentioned list of essay topics and ideas will help you to score an A+ grade. In the list, you can spot 200+ best essay topic ideas on various types of essays. Note that, this list will be helpful for students of different academic levels starting from school to college.
Simply go through the entire list and select an essay topic that you feel is apt for you.
Argumentative Essay Topics
An argumentative essay is an essay that evaluates a topic in detail and develops an argument over it. Most importantly, this essay type explains the argument with valid supporting data. Listed below are a few interesting argumentative essay topics that you can consider for your assignments.
- Do people learn the art of becoming a politician, or are they born with it?
- Should individuals who have failed at parenting be punished?
- The death sentence should be implemented globally.
- Is social media the real cause of teenage depression?
- Does technology play a role in making people feel more isolated?
- Do food companies control our diets?
- Competition is really beneficial.
- Is vaping as harmful as smoking cigarettes?
- Should everyone engage in volunteering and charity?
- Does consumerism pose a big issue for the world?
- Should all women have access to birth control and family planning?
- Do careers in blogging have a future?
- Recycling should be made compulsory.
- Should testing on animals be legal?
- Abortion should be banned.
Persuasive Essay Topics
A persuasive essay is a kind of essay that is similar to an argumentative essay. But in persuasive essays, the writers use innovative techniques to convince their target audience of their point of view. Here are some interesting persuasive essay topic ideas.
- Why Physical Education is necessary for each grade of school?
- Listening to music reduces homework productivity.
- Should alcohol consumption be legalized in Muslim countries?
- Human trafficking must be severely prosecuted.
- Is calorie reduction the healthiest way to lose weight?
- Cell phones should not be allowed in schools.
- Sex education should be compulsory in high schools.
- Is it okay to use animals in a circus?
- Violent video games should be banned.
- Is LinkedIn helpful for finding a job?
- The drinking age should be raised.
- Churches should pay taxes too.
- When should adoption be not allowed?
- Are people the major reason for global warming?
- Illegal immigrants should not be sent to jail.
- Every public space must have free Wi-Fi.
- Is it ethical to clone animals?
- Hunting wild animals are immoral.
- Everyone must engage in physical activity.
- Kids must limit their time with electronics.
Classification Essay Topics
The classification essay mainly classifies ideas, objects, or characters into certain categories or groups as per their features. Below are some good classification essay topic ideas on various subjects.
- What are the different Swimming Styles?
- Explain the various types of marriages.
- Write about parenting styles and their consequences.
- What are the different personality types?
- Discuss the modern forms of education.
- Classification of foods that cause obesity.
- What are the various forms of political philosophy?
- Explain leadership and leader types.
- Write about the different teaching techniques.
- Explain the different types of treatments for dandruff.
- What are the various types of eating disorders?
- Write about the different types of video games?
- Explain the types of phobias.
- Types of exercises to lose weight easily.
- What are the different types of political systems?
- Write about portable music players types.
- Suggest some strategies to save money.
- Tectonic movement classification.
- What are the different Serving Styles in Tennis?
- Write about the online shopping patterns.
Definition Essay Topics
As the name suggests definition essay is a type of essay that defines a term or concept by providing authentic information. For your convenience, here we have listed some amazing definition essay topics and ideas.
- Define willpower and how to exercise it daily.
- What is global warming, and what causes it?
- Explain the meaning of love from your perspective.
- What does power mean to you?
- Define generosity and how being generous helps people.
- What is friendship according to you in life?
- How do you define success?
- What is kindness and why it is important?
- Define surrealism in culture
- Explain terrorism and the reasons for it.
- What are communism and capitalism?
- Define true happiness.
- What is sportsmanship?
- Explain e-learning and its benefits.
- What is dreaming?
- Discuss the pros and cons of Perfectionism.
- Define creativity and its importance in life.
- What is optimism and how does it help in life?
- Why hate is not the answer.
- Define marriage.
Expository Essay Topics
The expository essay is an essay type that presents a clear and focused explanation of a particular topic, idea, or process with more supporting facts and evidence. Mentioned below are a few excellent expository essay topics.
- How certain music can influence society?
- Why do teenagers use drugs?
- What are the psychological causes of smoking?
- How skipping classes can jeopardize your college career?
- Discuss the problems with getting pregnant at 16.
- Is global warming a cause of skin cancer?
- Explain why getting a degree is important for job life.
- How to distinguish a leader in a group.
- Why do teenagers commit suicide?
- Explain the pros and cons of student loans.
- How does prostitution influence society?
- Explain how people become racist without being unaware.
- Write about the things most teenagers worry about.
- How does pop music affect the way of our life?
- Why do women choose to continue an abusive relationship?
- How to overcome the fear of public speaking.
- What are some unconventional ways of relieving stress?
- Why most parents are overprotective and strict?
- Discuss the pros and cons of getting financial aid.
- How physical activity improves overall wellness?
Cause and Effect Essay Topics
The cause and effect essay is a kind of expository essay. Mainly, this essay type focuses on why something happens and what happens as a result of those happenings. Here are a few interesting cause-and-effect essay topics that you can adopt for your assignments.
- Why are men afraid of commitment?
- What are the effects of illiteracy?
- Explain the causes of obesity in teenagers.
- What are the effects of climate change and global warming?
- Discuss the causes of sibling rivalry.
- How does divorce affect children?
- What are the causes and effects of depression in the workplace?
- Explain the effects of the feminist movement.
- What are the causes and effects of insomnia?
- Discuss the causes of heart diseases.
- What are the causes of terrorism?
- Explain the effects of professional sport on children.
- What are the causes and effects of poverty?
- Discuss the influence of GMOs on humans’ genes.
- Explain the cause and effect of the internet on the promotion of social programs.
- Write about panic attacks and their causes.
- Consumerism pollutes the planet.
- Write about long-distance relationships and distrust.
- Communication is the key to a healthy marriage.
- Cultural differences cause immigration transition problems.
Descriptive Essay Topics
Descriptive essays are essays that describe places, objects, situations, people, and experiences. Listed below are some great descriptive essay ideas that you can make use of for your homework.
- Write about the weirdest travel experience you had.
- Describe your favorite literary character.
- Share your experience of Sky-diving.
- Describe meeting a famous person.
- Talk about an object that is very special to you.
- Describe the place that exists solely in your imagination.
- A day in the life of an ER doctor.
- Describe a smartphone and its benefits to someone from the ‘60s.
- Write about your farewell in High School.
- Describe your childhood home.
- Express the most beautiful view you have ever seen.
- Write about an incident that restored your faith in humanity.
- Talk about your favorite sport and describe your experience at a live game
- The most interesting piece of art I have ever seen.
- Describe the most recent nightmare you had.
Compare and Contrast Essay Topics
Compare and contrast essay analyzes the similarities and differences between two or more subjects that fall under the same category. To make your essay or dissertation topics selection step easier, here we have recommended a list of great compare and contrast essay topics.
- Compare democracy and Dictatorship.
- Consequences of earthquake and tsunami: what’s worse?
- Compare online shopping and traditional shopping.
- Prepare a comparative essay on the pros and cons of traditional and distant learning.
- Explain the differences and similarities between Greek and Roman mythology.
- Compare Extroverts and introverts.
- Persuasive and argumentative essays – How are they similar?
- Living on campus and living off-campus.
- Real-life or spending your time daydreaming.
- Unemployed students versus students with a part-time job.
- Discuss the Pros and cons of traveling alone.
- Teenage versus adulthood.
- Explain the similarities and differences between Essay writing and blog writing.
- Present the difference between homework and class assignments.
- Movies versus Television shows.
- Capitalism versus Communism.
- What is better: a movie or a book?
- Freelancing versus working in an office.
- Living with parents versus living at hostels.
- The anatomical differences between monkeys and humans.
Informative Essay Topics
An informative essay is a type of essay that informs and educates the readers about a certain topic. Mostly, this essay provides original and interesting information. Listed below are some great informative essay topic ideas.
- Dressing properly in the office improves work efficiency.
- Should specially-abled people be allowed to work in offices?
- Being honest has more cons than pros.
- How to identify fake news?
- Write about Racism in the US.
- Peer pressure on decision-making.
- What are the causes and treatments for bipolar disorder?
- Explain the impact of legalizing drugs on society.
- How to prevent bullying on campus?
- Virtual classes cannot replace the traditional class system.
- Explain the significance of learning social values.
- Write about Hitler and his military strategies.
- Explain child abuse and its influence on character development.
- What is ADHD and how does it change lives?
- Discuss Overpopulation in prisons.
- How does optimism help people grow in life?
- Explain how to let go of bad habits.
- How important is mental health in succeeding professionally?
- Explain the advantages and disadvantages of online classes.
- How not to become a victim of Cybercrime.
- Discuss the influence of Child abuse on character development.
- Is a college degree necessary to be successful?
- How to avoid procrastination?
- Explain the influence of modern art.
- How recycling can save our planet?
Exemplification Essay Topics
It is a kind of argumentative essay that provides examples to prove an argument or a point. Mentioned below are a few exemplification essay topic ideas that you can adopt for writing your assignments.
- Can immigration destroy a country’s economy?
- Do vegetarians actually save animals?
- Are plastic bottles dangerous to our health?
- Do commuting decrease one’s feeling of happiness?
- Is classical music a dying art?
- What roles does the online payment system play in international trade?
- Does technology create a shift from manual labor to robotic labor?
- Is reading the most intellectual type of leisure?
- Are there any concrete scientific proofs for the existence of ghosts?
- Should all colleges follow the same syllabus?
- How does education help to eradicate poverty from the state?
- Explain the effects of professional sports on children.
- Are women better at multitasking?
- Do maturity and self-consciousness come with age?
- Should religion be taught in schools?
Process Essay Topics
The process essay is a kind of informative essay that provides step-by-step guidance of a certain process or a working mechanism in detail. Listed below are some process essay topic ideas.
- How to set up your own website?
- Explain how to be successful in a job search.
- How to apply for an internship?
- Discuss the effective ways to end a bad relationship.
- How to make money online?
- Explain how to succeed at a job interview.
- How to write your own book.
- What are the effective ways to quit smoking?
- How to drive a car.
- Explain how to make a movie.
- How to start a blog?
- What are the best ways to make new friends?
- How to start your own business.
- Explain the effective ways to get rid of a bad habit.
- How to save money.
Narrative Essay Topics
A narrative essay is a type of creative essay. It mainly narrates a story in a way to create a clear picture in the readers’ minds using the essential story elements. Some important story elements used in narrative essays are settings, plot, characters, dialogue, conflicts, turning points, and resolutions.
- Write about the day you experienced a historic event.
- Your most disappointing birthday.
- Describe how you met your best friend.
- An act of kindness.
- A day at the amusement park.
- Explain the moment when someone you didn’t like surprised you with kindness.
- An achievement outside of academic life
- A week without internet and technology.
- Write about An experience that left you helpless.
- The time you faced rejection.
- Write about the death of a friend or relative that influenced you.
- Your first time driving.
- The day you decided to change your life.
- Narrate everything about the first book you read.
- How have you developed your self-confidence?
- What are the things you regret most in life?
- The time when you stood against your parents.
- Memories from the day the power was out.
- Your first time away from home.
- Write about the most embarrassing situation you have experienced.
Personal Essay Topics
Personal essays are non-fiction essays that basically focus on personal experiences, thoughts, and real-life incidents. For writing a personal essay, you can very well pick any topic from the list of personal essay topic ideas suggested below.
- A time you were betrayed.
- Write about a place that is special to your heart.
- A moment you were very brave.
- Your bucket list of wishes.
- Talk about your favorite time of the year.
- The time you lost a tournament.
- What is the biggest act of kindness you have done?
- A time when you made the wrong choice.
- Someone who annoys you.
- Your motivation for success.
- Why is volunteering important?
- Your biggest achievement.
- How do you overcome your worst fear?
- A person you admire the most.
- How did you learn to draw?
Research Essay Topics
A research essay is an essay that presents an issue related to the works of scientists and scholars. In this essay, you can share your own opinions about what the scholars’ have proposed in their work. Below are some unique research essay topics.
- Explain the importance of sleep for a healthy life.
- Universities are becoming business-driven.
- Discuss the pros and cons of online retail.
- What should be done about hate crimes?
- How do pesticides influence us?
- Explain the ways to prevent ocean pollution.
- What does it mean to be patriotic in different cultures?
- Write about individual acts that lead to Global Warming.
- Discuss the consequences of the Doctor’s Negligence.
- How do intelligence tests segregate society?
Get Professional Essay Writing Help
Hopefully, the above-suggested list of essay topics and ideas on various essay categories will help you to find the perfect essay topic. In case, you need a customized essay topic or essay writing help, reach out to us immediately. In our team, we have talented essay writers to provide assistance for essay topic selection, essay writing, and essay editing.
To avail of our cheap and best online essay writing service, simply book your order by sharing your requirements with us. Based on your essay writing guidelines, we will prepare and deliver a plagiarism-free academic essay on any subject topic of your choice on time at a reasonable price. Also, we will give you 24/7 customer chat support to clarify all the doubts regarding your assignments.
Currently, are you seeking excellent assignment writing help online? Do you need top-quality essay writing help to score an A+ grade? Call us now! Our dissertation helpers will extend their hands to complete your essay writing assignments on almost all subject topics and will help you boost your grades.
Just submit the order form and get an original academic essay beyond your expectations.